Lecturer Pool Global Studies and Political Economy ISSP College of Letters & Science
The Interdisciplinary Social Sciences Program at UC Berkeley offers two interdisciplinary undergraduate majors: Political Economy and Global Studies. In addition, it houses the interdisciplinary Global Studies graduate program.
The Global Studies and Political Economy Programs at the University of California, Berkeley invites applicants to apply to a pool of qualified temporary instructors.
DUTIES OF THE POSITION: Teaching one or more of the following courses:
- World History: a survey course in modern world history, with an emphasis on political economy;
- Classical Theories of Political Economy;
- Contemporary Theories of Political Economy;
- Special topics in Political Economy, such as development, globalization, inequality, poverty, and policy-related issues;
- Special topics in Global Studies, such as humanities-related issues;
- Regional courses (example, Africa, Asia, Middle East, etc.) that address global themes;
- Interdisciplinary approaches to global studies;
- Critical Thinking and/or Theories and Methods courses;
- Thesis writing courses.
In addition to teaching responsibilities, general duties may include holding office hours, assigning grades, advising students, preparing course materials (e.g. syllabus), writing exams, interacting with students outside of class time via email and/or a course web site, and managing teaching assistants.
Please note: These positions are temporary appointments with no guarantee of reappointment at the end of the term. The use of a lecturer pool does not guarantee that an open position exists. See the review date specified in AP Recruit to learn whether the department is currently reviewing applications for a specific position. If there is no future review date specified, your application may not be considered at this time.
UC Lecturers are academic appointees in an organized bargaining unit and are exclusively represented by American Federation of Teachers - Unit 18.
To apply, visit https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF03231