*Summary of Position: *
The Acquisition Innovation and Research Center (AIRC) is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its research team as Data Scientist to support highly technical research and project related activities under the direction of a senior principal investigator to ensure the successful execution of the contract project. We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support the analysis of blockchain data. The ideal candidate will be adept at using large data sets to identify patterns, correlating different transaction trails, and digital asset provenance from blockchain transactions. The candidate must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building, and implementing AI/ML models, using/creating algorithms, including graph analysis, and creating/running simulations. The ideal candidate should have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets, should be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders, including the DoD and commercial companies, who may participate directly or in related projects. The candidate should have a track record of published research with excellent written and verbal communication skills and could discuss and explain technical concepts, and potential solutions.
- Participate in the conceptual formulation of multi-level models of complex enterprises to support computational policy exploration and analysis by defined user groups.
- Lead design of a computational architecture to embody multi-level enterprise models, first focused on use experience (UX), then user interface (UI), and then functional requirements
- Lead development and test of multi-level computational enterprise models, including creation of interactive visualizations for large-screen portrayals to support group interactions.
- Participate in empirical evaluation of the usability and usefulness of interactive models for group support and preparation of reports, conference papers, and journal articles reporting design and evaluation of models.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or related science/engineering discipline; PhD preferred
- Courses in behavioral and social sciences, e.g., human-computer interaction
- Domain knowledge in relevant complex enterprise systems
- Significant relative experience with data analysis, research methods
- Experience applying computer science concepts in problem solving through algorithm development and programming
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team in executing research and/or development projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to represent the work area and the larger AIRC community
- Evidence of high potential for excellence in research and development as demonstrated through academic study or work experience
- This position requires access to information that may be subject to export control requirements. Successful candidates must be qualified for such access without an export control license. As a result, US citizenship is required.
This is a full-time, fixed-term position available immediately. Interested candidates should submit a CV (including a publications list), and at least two (2) references upon request.
About the AIRC
The Acquisition Innovation and Research Center (AIRC) was recently established to drive a culture of innovation by linking government acquisition teams with faculty research teams to develop, prototype, and test new ideas across the realms of technology, process, policy, contracting, law, and human capital. AIRC is aligned with the SERC, a University-Affiliated Research Center of the US Department of Defense, that leverages the research and expertise of senior lead researchers from over 20 collaborator universities throughout the United States.
Program Operations SERC
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.