Assistant/Associate Professor in Counselling/Counselling Psychology
(Psychology and Child & Human Development Academic Group)
The National Institute of Education (NIE) is among the world’s top education institutes, recognised for its excellence in teacher education and educational research. NIE has played a key and pivotal role in shaping and developing Singapore’s teaching profession and landscape through evidence-informed, practice-focused, and values-based programmes and initiatives.
An autonomous institute situated within the research-intensive Nanyang Technological University, NIE is consistently ranked within the top 15 in the world for research impact in the field of Education.
The Psychology and Child & Human Development (PCHD) Academic Group at the NIE is a department comprising a team of educators and psychologists passionate about the application of psychology to general education, as well as the specialized domains of early childhood and special needs education. We have a strong focus on teaching and innovative pedagogy, and a research culture that views psychology as an integrative discipline to help us advance our understanding of human thought and behavior to help individuals adapt and learn at their best.
We invite suitably qualified applicants for a position as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor in Counselling/Counselling Psychology. This position provides the opportunity to teach undergraduate and postgraduate students in the areas of counselling and counselling psychology, to engage practitioners in the domain of counselling and education, and to pursue research in areas of counselling and psychology.
Successful candidates must have:
• A doctorate degree in a relevant field, preferably with specialization in counselling and counselling psychology.
• A good track record in teaching and research, preferably at a recognized institution of higher learning.
• A promising trajectory in research and publication.
• A strong commitment to and aptitude for teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels
• Evidence of outstanding teaching and innovative uses of technology, as well as a keen interest in advancing the field through rigorous research.
• Willingness to understand and support the work of colleagues beyond one’s niche area of expertise
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Applicants will be in a position of added advantage if he or she is eligible for registration by the Singapore Psychological Society. Additionally, teaching experience and broad research interest in counselling/counselling psychology will be important.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
• Teach existing and new courses at the undergraduate, pre-service, in-service and graduate levels, more specifically related to counselling and counselling psychology courses (e.g., Basic Counselling, Group Counselling, Advanced Counselling Skills etc.).
• Supervise graduate students in their dissertations/theses as well as student practicum and/or fieldwork in multi-cultural settings.
• Develop a research agenda and program, and to publish in reputable journals as is customary in his/her field
• Establish professional connections with local and international researchers and practitioners involved in the specific expertise area
• Share expertise with NIE colleagues through various platforms
• Undertake administrative and/or leadership roles and to contribute to other service-related activities at the department and Institute levels
• Engage in program leadership and curriculum design and development
Please submit your application to us together with the following documents through : https://ntu.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers/job/NTU-Main-Campus-Singapore/Associate-Professor-Assistant-Professor-in-Counselling-Counselling-Psychology--PCHD---NIE-_R00009704
• A cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this position
• A CV including a full publication list
• A statement of research interests
• A statement of teaching philosophy and experience and evidence of teaching excellence (if available)
• 1 to 3 of your best publications
• Contact details of three referees (3 academic referees OR 2 academic and 1 professional)
• Any other documents beyond those stated on the application form that demonstrates your qualifications and credentials
This position will remain open until filled.
More information on PCHD can be found at https://www.nie.edu.sg/our-people/academic-groups/psychology-and-child-human-development.
For enquiries, interested applicants may write to Ms Joey Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to applicants
Only successful candidates will be notified (via email).