The PhD in Public Policy and Administration prepares qualified candidates to be the next generation of high-level policy researchers and teachers. It is intended for students interested in either academic or policy-making careers that require advanced, multidisciplinary knowledge and training.
It is a 4-year full-time program open to students who demonstrate high qualification and motivation for research in demography, economics, management, political science, and/or sociology, regardless of background.
The program has both a wide range of electives and exceptionally strong teachers and mentors from a variety of fields. In the first two years, students acquire cutting-edge theoretical and methodological skills that inform specialization in either political and social science or public administration, as well as a topic area consistent with candidate interest and faculty expertise. The third and fourth years are devoted to research that will form the basis of the students’ doctoral dissertations.
During their tenure, students will be exposed to the most advanced research from some of the most highly acclaimed scholars working in the field.
If advantageous, students will also have opportunities to participate in exchanges and internships with leading policy institutes across the globe.
Applications can be submitted by Italian and non-Italian citizens who:
- have completed or are completing their graduate studies and
- have at least a "proven" B2 (CEFR) level of competence in English
The PhD School offers:
- a maximum of 5 places with fellowship exclusively for the PhD in Public Policy and Administration;
- a maximum of 5 places with fellowship for outstanding students of the following PhD programs: Business Administration and Management, Economics and Finance, Public Policy and Administration, Statistics;
Tuition fees for students without fellowship amount to € 10,000 for each year.
For more detailed information please see the full official call published on the website www.unibocconi.eu/admissionphd
For more detailed information about our program please visit the website:
To apply for our PhD program, only our online application procedure may be used.
Applications are due by 15 January 2018.
The assessment of the applicant is based on:
1. Personal curriculum: full CV
2. Academic records: transcript of exams and certification of undergraduate and graduate degrees awarded and final grade (if any); if the graduate program has not been completed, an enrollment document with the full study plan, the exams taken and the grades achieved
3. International Graduate Admission Tests scores: the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
4. Statement of purpose: short description (max 1200 words) of your motivation for enrollment in a Bocconi PhD program, your research interests and professional goals
5. Reference letters: up to two reference letters uploaded by referees appointed in the online application procedure
6. Other relevant documents (maximum five): e.g. publications, other programs attended, etc.
A minimum of 60 total points is required to be eligible for admission to the program.
Please consult our website for complete details of our application procedure
For more information about the program, please feel free to contact our Program Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org