The University of Saint Joseph is seeking applications for a 9 month, full-time tenure-track faculty position in our highly regarded Master in Social Work (MSW) Program to begin in August, 2018. The CSWE-accredited MSW Program is housed in the Department of Social Work and Latino Community Practice in the School of Graduate and Professional Studies.
The MSW Program was established in 2014 and achieved full accreditation from the Council of Social Work Education in October, 2016. The MSW Program prepares social workers for community-based clinical practice in labor force shortage areas such as health and mental health; children and family services; and veterans’ services. The MSW Program features an innovative model of field education in which university-employed clinical preceptors supervise groups of students in select organizations. Applicants must be prepared to teach a variety of courses in the MSW program in Human Behavior in the Social Environment and Social Work Practice courses.
About the University of Saint Joseph
The University of Saint Joseph, founded by the Sisters of Mercy in the Catholic tradition, provides a rigorous liberal arts and professional education for a diverse student population in an inclusive environment that encourages strong ethical values, personal integrity, and a sense of responsibility to the needs of society.
Ideally situated midway between Boston and New York City, the beautiful 84-acre Olmsted-designed campus is one mile from West Hartford’s thriving downtown, and provides an array of cultural events, occasions for spiritual development, and fitness and recreational options. The University also has an active presence outside our campus, reaching into the surrounding community through internships, community service projects, new program and partnerships.
We seek creative, innovative, and collaborative faculty member with a commitment to advancing social work practice. Qualified applicants will demonstrate strong teaching and research skills; the ability to engage collaboratively with the department and community colleagues; experience in developing relationships and networks with culturally diverse communities; and the ability to forge partnerships with a variety of organizations and the ability to mentor and develop social work students.
Qualified applicants will have:
- An MSW and an earned doctorate in social work or closely related field
- 2 or more years of post-MSW social work practice experience
- Higher education teaching experience
- Practice and research experience in clinical social work
- Record of engaged research and practice with culturally diverse communities
- Familiarity with evidence-based practice models and community-engaged research
- Preferred expertise in one or more areas of MSW Program specializations: health and mental health; children and family services; veterans’ services
- Eligibility for clinical social work licensure preferred
Interested candidates should submit:
- Letter of interest addressing all qualifications for the position
- Current curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy and research interests (two pages maximum)
- Unofficial transcripts
- Three current professional references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers
- ABD candidates, include a letter from thesis advisor stating anticipated date of completion
Completed applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred); hard copies may be mailed to Human Resources Department, University of Saint Joseph, 1678 Asylum Avenue, West Hartford, CT 06117. Please specify title and department to which you are applying in the subject line (email) or Attn: line (postal mail). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please visit our website to read more about our mission statement and learn more about our department and program.